Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lucavigg

A newbie question(s)

Hi. just built a new system for FSX and it runs extremely well, however I'm puzzled as to why I'm not achieving the same graphics quality as others with almost the same hardware have managed to achieve. My graphics quality still seems jagged and unremarkable in comparison. If anyone can suggest areas to look at tweaking, it would be appreciated.My main question however, is regarding Rex 2. Having got FSX updated with relevant service packs and having installed Rex, I went for a quick flight to test it and it seemed very authentic and a lot better than the bog standard effects.After I purchased a PMDG product (747-400X) and some scenery (VFR London, Manhattan X, Aerosoft Heathrow), I can't seem to get Rex to inject the proper effects into my flight.I'm starting Rex, deciding on the effects I want, and after it copies its textures, I'm starting FSX, choosing my flight etc and then clicking on FLY NOW in Rex.Do I have to pick a particular Weather setting in order for the Rex textures to be used (Weather Themes, Real World Static, Real World Updated or User Defined)?Can someone give me the step-by-step on this?Appreciated.Luca

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!