Sign in to follow this  
vial

hud

good afternoon! how to hand fly a ils cat3 ? when i try to follow the dot inside the circle i loose the localizer and the glide! the dot almost never is inside the 2 bars , vretical and horizontal ! thank you!

I have had a similar problem. I fly the dot after AIII activation (i VMC and no winds so I see the runway and can practice the AIII approach for a lot worse conditions) and it steers me to the right (about 100m or ILS G/S antenna) of the runway . And then I got AIII arm mode again. I then steer back to the G/S and LOC line in the HGS and aquire AIII again, but this time the dot is right on the TDZ and everything end up with a nice landing.

its ok when in visual mode to follow the dot but iv tried a lot in aiii and its not the correct way to maintain the the loc and glid path

In FCOM 10.22.4:

In the AIII mode, flight path guidance is provided by the guidance cue which is derived from internal approach and landing guidance algorithms, and is independent of any AFDS derived or displayed flight director guidance.

Fallow the ball and you land at the TDZ???

Yep. When in AIII mode and following the HGS´s native steering (i.e the ball), you are not following AFDS. The HGS is independent in that aspect. If you program the HGS correctly you will land aligned with centerline and and on the TDZ. To program the HGS:1. Enter correct rwy lenght and TDZ elevation.2. Enter correct GS angle (usually -3.00º)3. Arm PRI mode and let AIII on standby. AIII will become the active mode (if previsouly on standby), when the Approach on Course conditions have been met: 1. Both VHF nav radios set to the ILS frequency 2. Difference between the acft´s magnetic track and captain´s selected course < 15º 3. RA > 500' 4. VHF nav 1 localizer deviation is < 1/4 dot and glideslpe deviation < 1 1/4 dots for at least 5 secondsIf you meet these requirements, there´s no reaosn for AIII not to get you perfectly down to the RWY. I´ve tried it myself.