Sign in to follow this  
Xpendable

Saitek Trimwheel too sensitive

I have the Cessna licensed Saitek Trim Wheel (xmas present from my wife) and while it does work in X-Plane 10, it is way too sensitive. Turning the wheel 1 degree = 2-5 rotations in the stock X-plane Cessna 172. Unfortunately X-Plane UI does not appear to allow you to adjust sensitvity for all joystick axis... They only give you access to roll, pitch, and yaw. Anybody know how to do this? I need to turn down the sensitivity on the elevator trim. Right now it is not realistic at all. And yes, I'm a licensed pilot and know it won't really be realistic without force feedback on the yoke.

You need to calibrate it.The wheel is designed to accommodate 9 full turns - but you'll notice that it has no stop on it, so you can turn it as many times as you want in either direction.To calibrate - in X-plane 9 or X-plane 10 go to the screen where you assign joysticks and click on Calibrate. Now, move the wheel in one direction and keep going even if the green bar stops at the end. Turn the wheel nine to 12 times, then do it in the opposite direction for 9 or 12 turns again, then back. It should learn the range and you'll see the increments are much less. Now turn the wheel to centre it and it will work perfectly.I absolutely love my trim wheel as it allows very fine trim adjustments - really nice.One thing on my system is the wheel is not recognised until I turn it a few times. So get in the habit of doing that before you go and fly.You should calibrate all your axis at least once so that x-plane know the full range of the axis. Calibrating is a matter of just running the lever along its full range in both directions at least once.