Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BeaverDriver

Two Questions

Guest BeaverDriver

OK, I'm using the Edit Wx screen a lot, and am inputting my own wx using the GUI interface (top half of window). I set my desired wx then set the Application Range to Global and click Apply Now. All was good today for the first half hour. After that I got some sort of wx that made no sense and I have no idea where it came from, but it was radically different to what was showing in the GUI and the METAR string windows (including an altimeter setting in FSX of 27.97, which on this altimeter technically shouldn't exist). Now after I had set the wx, I went over to the WX Report window to fly with and then came back to the Edit Wx window. It was after that and after having modified the winds a bit that the wx went "different" on me (but not right away). My question is, do you have to stay in the Edit Wx window if you are using that to prevent wx switches on you?The second question is why do certain values default back to some other number when you leave a given window then come back to it? Using the above illustration, when I came back to the Edit Wx window, I saw that my Application Range was now defaulted back to 10 mi. after I had originally set it to Global. I'm wondering if that caused my wx to change because the station that was showing in the window (the closest) was 50 nm away. If the Application Range actually did switch to 10 nm on its own, that might explain why the wonky wx that made no sense as I was out of range and so no wx was being generated at all.Thanks for any help.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now