Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Spanner707

Physical trim wheel

Happy new year to all Flyers.I was in a shop the other day and saw a very nice (Saitek) Cessna trim wheel that matches their throttle quadrant in general style. Can anyone confirm that this will work with Fly II. In options/set up axes I notice that there is a trim funcion ( elevator - I pressume) so I'm inclined to think it might. I have their yoke, rudder pedals and throttle quadrants and they all work perfectly. TRI were really thinking when they allowed the user to assign different harware to the various aircraft axes. It is however a shame that they didn't allow for turboprop condition levers.I was surprised by the number of add-ons Saitek make, the sales person said they were dedicated for MS2004/FSX ( he hadn't even heard of FlyII.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day all,Was feeling a little depressed the other day and went out and purchased the Saitek Elevator Trim control wheel as a pick-me-up to cheer me up a bit..Unfortunately there is a bug in the Fly! II options/set up axes program that limits the range of operation of the Saitek trim wheel control to only half of the total trim range. ie. from neutral to full nose down operation ie. there is no control for A/C nose up trim. Strangely enough some of the aircraft I fly do not require nose up trim, which is very fortunate.Every cloud has a silver lining.In FlyLegacy the Saitek trim wheel works 100% correctly over the full range of trim from full nose down to full nose up. It is a real pleasure to use and makes trimming the aircraft that much easier.