Sign in to follow this  
cgueiros

Adding ILS

I have just read Venustus01 posting of November 12, 2011 on this subject and the use of ADE program.

In the past I have done the same but currently I am unable add ILS to FS9 airport runways using Airport Designer Editor 9X I following the procedure steps outlined below:

:

File

Open stock airport xxx

Find Now + click on runway

Add + ILS + Add + Ctrl C (compile)

Save xxx in FS9\Addon Scenery\scenery

Save (shows Airport Compiled)

Save as airport xxx (In FS9\Addon Scenery\scenery)

Save

The files (both xxx.ade and xxx.bgl extensions) will appear in this folder but on starting either FSCommander or FSNavigator I find that no ILS has been added, even though the addon scenery is active for all previous addons I have introduced.

Apparently the procedure which I recall using in the past is effectivelly functioning, but the end result is negative.

In all instances I have always restarted both FS9 and FSCommander to check for results - disappointing ones, I must say.

Could someone spot where or how this procedure is incorrect, or any tips on how to go about this situation.

My appreciation for any such assistance.

My problem was solved with an excellent contribution from Reggie.

The procedure is correct but neither FSCommander nor FSNavigator will read the additions from FS9 by just starting them up.

They must have their own custom external database builder run in order to update it with the changes introduced.

Just for the record.

And my thanks to Reggie.