Sign in to follow this  
catmar

FSX Standard to FSX Gold with Expansion Pack

To all you FSX experts out there!

I have FSX Standard which as you know is a little stunted in what the Gold version can offer. I have now

bought FSX Deluxe and Expansion Pack, I had in mind to wait until there was a problem with standard and

take the opportunity to uninstall and install Deluxe and Expansion, I should mention that the standard edition

is SP2. Long story short, I seem to have a very stable system and nothing so far has gone drastically

wrong enough for me to take the plunge.

To all you knowledgeable people out there is there a way I can install the missing features that deluxe has

without messing up my stable simulation, or would it be so terribley complicate and tiresome that it would

not be worth the effort and either wait until standard gives me a big headache and then uninstall Standard

and install deluxe and expansion.

I'll take this opportunity to thank you good people out there that have help me out in the past and hope

someone can again jump in and give me some directions to do what I have asked or tell me otherwise.

Thanks.

Hi looks like nobody can help, so I'll stick with my original plan, when it goes belly up I'll do a new install. Thanks anyway.

If your system is stable and you want the enhanced features of the Deluxe version and Acceleration addon... Why not just un-install the standard edition and install the Gold edition + Accleration?

Just back up your scenery settings (in the settings menu) and FSX.cfg.

After install, I would also recommend performing a defrag to make sure all the clusters are close together on the hard drive, but this is something you should always do for any game/program whenever you install, or uninstall it.

Hope this helps?