Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

WARNING: CH Products Web Site

Guest drobson

I, too, have been using Incredimail for a long time, and do not have any of the problems being described here. (Even signed on as a "Beta tester" for the latest version).I've also used Trend Micros' (www.antivirus.com) a/v program for years, and am currently using their latest product which is a complete Internet Security Suite with a firewall, Internet and E-mail virus scanner, Anti-spam, URL blocking filter, and other features.I've tried both Norton and McAfee products, but dumped them both. Didn't like either one because of the products wanting to take control of my machine rather than giving me that control. (The McAfee stuff is particularly difficult to get rid of, which is another reason for me to not use it).Darrell

Guest Captain Barfbag

The anti-spyware forums have frequent references to Incredimail. One user testified that he had been using the freeware version and it clogged his machine, but when he upgraded to the payware version all his problems went away. That, to me, is a pretty good indication that these people are doing something nasty, and a pretty good reason to avoid their stuff.Another frequent complaint is that WeatherBug and WildTangent, both of which show up by default in the latest AOL Instant Messenger download, are nasty, self-re-installing spyware. AOL makes a big deal of being protective of their users, but it seems to me that in this case they are deliberately passing malware on to their users. Of course, this is from the "free" AIM program, so I guess they feel it's their right to make money by dumping toxic irritants on unsuspecting users, most of whom never realize that AOL is the source of their discontent.