Sign in to follow this  
continentalb737800

FSX Problems

Guest firehawk44

Your registry no longer has the FSX entries. You can try this Flight 1 registry repair for FSX - http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library. FSX also uses Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables from 2005 to 2010 so you need to have those installed too. FSX also used Microsoft.net v1 so you will need at least that version installed along with Version 4 which is installed with Windows 7. It is not backwards compatible.

Best regards,

Jim

No, I have two hard drives in my system. An SSD for boot, and a 1TB storage drive. I'm not sure if you know what I am saying. Al the files for FSX are there, I just can't run it. It doesn't show up in my programs list, show uninstalling/reinstalling is not an option. Disk 1 is scratched, but I can borrow that from a friend if need be.

I suspect when reinstalling W7 it wiped out the AppData\ FSX file containing the FSX.cfg, DLL.XML, Scenery.cfg etc. and the Document file containing Flight Simulator X default flight info which are created on the O system SSD. Best bet is fresh install of FSX and now that you have made a registry entry for Flight Simulator X, the only option the installer is going to give you is a repair. try it, might just remake the two files I mentioned above.. But its also going to overwite some files and any addons using the DLL.XML will have to be reinstalled.. There are ways of doing whta you did and preserving your FSX install but its a little late now.