Sign in to follow this  
Fortkentdad

X Plane & AMD Dual Graphics Mode

I was getting frustrated trying to install X Plane 10 - North America onto my new computer system.

I did google X Plane Installation and found out about the install file that needs to be downloaded and used instead of the one on the DVD. So I downloaded it.

But I still had this problem with the install: I don't know if you can see it very well but I could not read the words on the install menus. I tried changing resolutions. I disabled my second screen. Then I disabled the dual-graphic function in AMD's Catalyst Vision Control Centre - and that did the trick.

BUT then when I tried to install X Planes it said I had already installed it - and given how long it is now taking to install it, I had not installed it, might have just started it, maybe. BUT it thought I had it installed - onto my desktop of all places. There was a install record there, but no install. I deleted the file - only to find that produced error messages. Best I could do was to select install a second copy.

I attached the snipe image as an uploaded file as you can see the graphics were not working.

SO if you are experiencing installation problems with X Plane 10 and you are running a new AMD A-Series APU and have enabled the dual-graphics mode with a graphics card - you may need to disable that feature to get X Plane to load (and maybe to operate - I'll let you know if re-enabling the dual graphic feature works after the install is done.

FYI - I have the A10-5800X running in turbo mode (4.2 Ghz) and a ASUS HD6670 2GB card linked in dual graphics mode. I am upgrading to a second HD6670 (on order awaiting delivery) and when it comes I will be able to run three monitors with the two HD6670's crossfired. The HD6670 I have now does not have a displayport and that is why I need the second card which is equipped with the displayport so I can use AMD's eyefinity three monitor array. Looking forward to flying with a front windscreen and two side windows. I do hope X-Plane will work with the two cards crossfired, will post an update if that too creates a problem.

Well I got it loaded and guess what, once loaded you can re-enable the Dual Graphics setting and it works. I looks like the installer can't handle the dual graphics setting but the program itself seems to work just fine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.