Sign in to follow this  
ram1220

No Panel in PA34 200T Seneca II

I purchased the Seneca II aircraft for FS9 this morning. Installed it and no panel shows up. I read in the description before I purchased the plane that it came with a panel. If I press Shift+1 I do get gauges on the screen. But there is no panel. All other views are working. Anyone have ideas or did I just waste my money? This is the first Carenado product I have purchased and right now I'm afraid to buy another one. Thanks.

Bob

I am 99% sure almost all Carenado planes (the more recent ones) come without 2D full cockpit panels. There might be some 2D instruments.

Why use the 2D panel at all? The virtual cockpit it 100x more immersive. I would advice to buy a TrackIR and have the full experience.

Then I feel duped. No where on the product site does it say VC only. I do appreciate your reply. But can't stand VC's. In fact I just tried to fly my new Seneca using the VC and I hated it. I can't see anything. And there is no way to see or select any of the switches to the left of the pilot. All the fuel, pitot heat, etc are on this mini panel to the left of the pilot. No way in the VC to select any of these. I honestly feel I was duped and wasted my money. Does anyone know if Carenado issues refunds? I feel the product was misrepresented.

Bob

Try using A and Shift-A to switch views. You could also try raising the camera using Shift-Enter if I remember correctly (I'm using EZdok instead of standard FSX camera).

I'm sorry you don't like VC. I on the other hand cannot imagine flying with a 2D panel. It's very 90s style :) The whole point of Carenado planes is the gorgeous VC. You can almost feel the smell of that 30 year old plane :) For me this is simply perfect.

I am pretty sure you can find a freeware Seneca if you don't care about the looks with similar realism and flight characteristics (in both of which Carenado with a few exceptions isn't so great in).

I am using FS9. Will the instructions you gave for FSX work with FS9? I just sent an email asking for a refund. If this was my mistake I wouldn't ask for a refund. But as I said before I did read the website before making a purchase and it never said VC only. Thanks again.