Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveg4otu

FS framerate Drop suddenly

Guest Moviedirector20

Hello All,This is my first post here so HI! I havent flown on FS for about 5 months because I am really getting into ATC on vatsim, me and a couple of fellow controllers decided to buzz around in 172's and the like. SO I fire up FS9 and to my shock my framerates are horrible. About 1-2 FPS. Also I cannot get it into Full screen mode, it is always maximized so I still see the task bar. What could do this??ThanksPSSystem Specs2.8ghz Pentium 4Nividia GeForce FX Go56000 64Mgs512 RamWindows XpFS2004

Guest Moviedirector20

I dont want to bump my own thred but I really need this fixed

Guest daveg4otu

1:Check your graphics card drivers(and their settings)- update them then see what happens.2: You can try renaming the FS9 cfg file (oldFS9.cfg- or whatever)restart FS9 see if it'll let you change the screen then.Dave

I'm also getting horrible frame rates. It barely goes above 10 no matter where I am at. My roomates computer that I built is top of the line, but it took months of tweaking just to get 100% traffic and to be able to fly in the VC with every graphic setting maxed.Now M$ releases the patch which drops my frames in half or more, making the PMDG 737 unplayable, same with ANY high quality VC. What gives? I've tried multiple different drivers, deleted fs9.cfg, tried different settings, etc. It looks like in the process of making the game work on slower computers, M$ forgot about its customers who have top of the line computers... sure FS9 doesn't crash anymore (still does when flying the aeroworx b200 of course, the only airplane that flies decently) but what good is a game if its a slideshow?Looks like I won't fly again, theres no way I'm going to start tweaking this stupid game over again. Another game they can't get right but the potential is all there. Maybe if they threw more money into development processes instead of in the execs pockets and in advertising they would be known for high quality products...

Guest daveg4otu

AI traffic is a frame rate killer anyway.What are the PC specs and what fps are you getting ?Dave