Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronwsley

FS9.cfg File

I just noted what I think is something odd; but maybe not. I was considering some tweaks from forum members and had occasion to go looking for my FS9.cfg file. I couldn't find it. I did find an FS9.cfg.bak file that lives in ProgramFilesFSManagerzippedFS2004. But, not an FS9.cfg file?!The .cfg's I do have are:activecamera2004.cfgdevices.cfgdisplay.cfgfs2000.cfgfs2002.cfgIWIscenery.cfgoldscenery.cfgscenery.cfgsuneffect.cfgterrain.cfgObviously something replaced or modified it (I guess) but what? Or, maybe I don't need one now? My system seems to be running normally. My quest started when I went looking for the FS9.cfg file to make an adjustment to reset terrain_max-vertex_level (TMVL) to 21 to utilize higher resolution mesh. Now I'm wondering what else is missing. I would appreciate any insight from the team. Thanks,I'd appreciate your thoughts or if you could point me to a resource that might help. Thanks in advance for your time.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to the forums Ronald. The fs9.cfg is hidden and located in c:Documents and Settingsyour nameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9.You'll have to go to your folders options and change the setting to allow you to view hidden files.Jim Young