Sign in to follow this  
Guest tkjake

Active Camera and FS9.1

Guest tkjake

Well, here is an update to some previous post. After several attempts to get AC working right since FS9.1 was released, here are my findings. I have now installed/uninstalled at least 4 times. The order was AC1.1, AC2.0 upgrade, AC 9.1 patch. I uninstalled in the revese order, verified that all files were gone, and deleted the registry entry. The results were always the same. 1. AC would not keep my settings. It would revert to default each time FS9.1 was started. 2. when shutting down FS9.1, FS9.exe is still listed as a running PROCESS,not an APPLICATION, just a PROCESS. So, I tried something different. I downloaded the AC2.0 full version, installed it, installed the FS9.1 patch for AC, and fired up FS9.1. I registered AC, changed my settings, did a little hopping in the Jet Ranger, and shut down FS9.1. Had the same results. Ok, new strategy. Unistall the previous. Then I installed AC1.1 for FS2004 and ran FS9.1. It crashed like it should. I then ran the AC FS9.1 update WITHOUT INTALLLING AC2.0. Well, Guess what. I now have no problem with my settings being saved. I however still have the FS9.exe showing as a running PROCESS after shutdown. Also, when I looked at the version of AC, it now shows 2.0, just by running the AC2004 FS9.1 update on top of AC2004 1.1. So there has been some progress, but that hanging FS9.EXE is still a problem. It should be ending. It DOES in fact dissapear on shutdown if I have the ActiveCamera2004.dll REMOVED from the MODULES folder, so this is proof that the issue is with the ActiveCamera2004.dll, and nothing else. Still hoping that this all gets resolved. I am determined to have success. Here is some info that may be helpfull SYSTEM Athlon 2600xp, 1gig PC2700ram, GF4 ti4600 128 mb 4xAGP, SB Audigy Xgamer, Saitek X45 USB, CH Flightsim Yoke USB, 480watt power supply program versions FS9.1.0.40901 FSUIPC 3.40 AC2004 2.0 patched for FS9.1I realise that these issues don't seem to apply to everyone, but if you have had this happen and found a way to fix it, please post it here. Thanks