Sign in to follow this  
SMITI07

Concordski

The last week I have become interested in SST's after reading this article http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2013/06/16/the-day-the-red-star-fell-to-earth-at-le-bourget/

The obvious choice to satisfy such an interest is the fantastic FSLabs ConcordeX which I bought straight away and have become addicted to. However as soviet era aircraft hold great attention to me, I went on a search for a TU-144. Commonly labeled Concordski by those in the west.

To my Joy I found what looks like a decent one for free here  http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircrafts-79/tu-144d-v3-5-44272.html It has deep systems modelling and graphically is fantastic for a freeware. It even includes a VC.

The aircraft, Installer and Docs are all in Russian so it's going to take lots of effort to get it going but it's a challenge I would like to have a go at.

However I have run into a problem. When I load into the aircraft the views wont stay still and pivot until they are looking at the roof of the VC or a top down view in external model.  This is something I have never experienced before and seems to be caused by this aircraft as all my other's are fine. If anyone want's to try this out it looks like it could be a rewarding sim, And maybe as a group we can come to a conclusion on how to solve the view issues. May be something specific to my system.