Sign in to follow this  
Guest contrail

FS9 Blurry Texture Problem ??

Hi Gang,Hope this is the right forum - apologies if not....Not sure if I'm just bein picky here or not, so bear with me. I've only really noticed this since I got my new machine recently (spec's below). The ground textures just don't seem to load quickly enough, if at all at high altitude. They do seem, ironically, better nearer the ground (say 5000') even at high speed. Have tried a couple of different drivers for graphics card - but it's always the same. Running Directx9.0c at the mo and have also gone back and tried 9.0b to no avail. All sliders are full right on my machine BTW, and I've got my FPS set at unlimited, although I've tried locking at 35 with no difference.It's frustrating me cos as you can see I get all these great FPS's but it's not helping the textures....am I expecting too much ? Is this as good as it should be. Have attached a couple of screen shotsI'm pretty sure my Graphics Card might be bottle-necking the system and would consider changing to 6800 or one of the new Radeon 800 series cards with the right advice.Can anyone advise ? Thanks in advance as usual !! EddyP4 3.0Ghz 800FSBAsus P4Psomething expensive Mobo1.5Gb RamWinXP Pro (SP1)Geforce4 Ti4200 (61.77)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Probably a videocard upgrade would help. But who am I to talk, still using a GF3 Ti-200. :-(