Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Aircraft cabin textures not showing.

Good day.I seem to have a dilemma on my hands and was wondering if anyone could help me. This happened in FS2004 about a month ago and I cannot find the solution. The textures on my aircraft (excluding the wings (sometimes) and the tail) fail to show although they are present in the texture folder of my installed aircraft. The stock aircraft are unaffected, but I cannot for the life of me, fix this error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flight Simulator 2004 many times, and I have also tried installing the patch to no avail.All I get is the greyish shape of the aircraft with no textures.Any help will be appreciated.ThanksJason Jones

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, you see, Mark, the problem is is the fact that most of these are iFDG models and are professionally made, so, IMO, they shouldn't be like this, but I'll look.If anyone has any more suggestions, please, feel free to post them.

That's not my point, though, Jason. It doesn't matter whether they're well made or not; if they are not correctly referenced from the AIRCRAFT.CFG file, they won't show properly.If, for example, a texture folder is called 'texture.airfrance', the reference to it in the relevant [fltsim.xx] section in the AIRCRAFT.CFG must read 'texture=airfrance'. Is that the case with your aircraft? Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I just examined the .cfg file from an aircraft which wasn't working, and my texture file is simply called texture (no .xxxxx), so I looked into the .cfg, and the texture= was blank. Made sense.I then went to a B732 which works perfectly, and saw that it had the same thing. A texture file with no . extension, and a blank "texture=" value.So, if the B732 works, and my other aircraft has all the textures present in that one texture file, then this cannot be the problem. I will continue examining the .cfg files until I see something which looks odd.Any chance it could be a value in my FS9.cfg?