Sign in to follow this  
Lionking777

A few minor differences between the sim and the real aircraft

Firstly, as a real world T7 pilot, I'd like to say what a fantastic job PMDG did with this simulation. Just like I did with the 744 a few years back, I find the PMDG T7 a great tool in preparing for my proficiency checks. Yes, they're that good!

Having said that, a few points came up whilst practicing scenarios.

1) although the fix page allows complex fixes to be created (eg DXB vor radial 300 at 3.2 DME would be DXB300/3.2), the created fix doesn't display as it should ie. DXB-01. Instead there is a blank field where the name of the fix should be.

2) the aircraft rate of deceleration with the speed brakes extended seems a little too slow compared to real life. Especially with the flaps extended, my real life experience is that she will slow down quite quickly!

3) the FUEL IMBALANCE checklist comes up much too soon after an engine out situation. At 500kg imbalance, the low tank pointer shows up correctly, but the FUEL IMBALANCE EICAS caution shouldn't be triggered that soon. The fuel flow during the engine out in take off was around 15000 kg/hr. this seems a bit high, perhaps?