Sign in to follow this  
tkdmaster391

freeze on start

Hello folks. 

I purchased the 777 a few days ago and I can't seem to get it to start/load.  By that I mean that it always causes my FSX to freeze when choosing it from the aircraft menu (whether on the main menu or after I load another plane in game).  I exceed the minimum specs (so that's not the issue).

My basic specs are:

ASUS Z87-C
Intel® Core i7-4770K (4.5GHz to 4.8GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 660Ti
1TB 7200RPM

I have the PMDG NGX (and expansion pack) and have no problems with those aircraft.

I have downloaded the latest versions of Direct X and C++.  I have tried a full reinstall (deleting everything from the folders also) several times with no luck.  On the latest reinstall, I loaded BOTH the default plane AND the PMDG NGX into FS and tried to open the 777 from there. FSX Froze when I tried to open the 777 both times. I had to hit the close ("X") button to get out of the frozen FSX screen and it caused it to crash.  Under event viewer, the event title was "AppHangTransient" for the crash.  I have rebooted between each step.

I have opened a support ticket but I wanted to see if anyone has had any similar problems or has any more suggestions in the mean time?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!