Sign in to follow this  
NRiese

Flightplanning and ATC help

Hi everybody!

First of all I am really sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this. I couldn't really figure out if it was or not.

I'm still a newbie to FSX, but I want to take it to the next level now. I've been following several guides explaining how to create a flight plan with SIDS/STARS using FlightSim Commander. However, I used to fly with the default ATC, but I don't think it works with SIDS/STARS. Basically I can't really figure out how to fly with the ATC at the same time I am following my flight plan.

For example if we have a flight from Copenhagen Airport to London Heathrow:

EKCH LANG1C LANGO M611 DEGUL UN872 PAM UL980 LOGAN BIG1E BIG EGLL

I've got all the SIDS/STARS etc, but the ATC just commands me to turn here and there, and when I'm approaching the airport it tells me to fly in completely different directions than my flight plan does. The only thing I like is that it tell me when to descend/ascend.

Maybe this sounds stupid, but I'm a newbie and I don't know how it works at all, lol. :-)

If somebody just could explain to me what exactly is going on I would really appreciate that!

I have heard about Radar Contact and Pro-Atc and if that would help I am willing to go buy one of these. I hope you can help me!

- Nikolas