Sign in to follow this  
GeneW

No ATC Unit found

I have VOXAtc 6.2, having trouble with it. Just getting started with it so I do not know what is the problem. I am flying GA planes (F1 172, Carendo Beech 58, etc). With a flight plan from a controlled airport (KAVP) it seems to work ok. But from some small GA airports I cannot get VOXAtc to work, I get the "NO ATC unit found" message. I have run the indexer, no addon airports. Here is the scenario I have been working with:

1) Flying from N13 to 3G3 with flight plan, I get unicom, FSS, handoff to Harrisburg, then to Cleveland, but no handoff to approach.  ATC works for both 172 (2D mode) and Beech 58 (3D mode). VOXATC also works with the default FSX scenery and with photoreal scenery. I run Indexer each time I change scenery.

2) Flying from KFKL to 3G3 with new flight plan, I get "NO ATC unit" no matter what I do. KFKL is not a new airport, it is default in FSX.

3) Flying from 3G3 to KFKL I get instruction to contact Cleveland approach before departure. That is ok

4) 3G3, N13, and KFKL are all CTAF airports. KFKL uses 122.7, the other 2 use 122.8. No other differences I can detect.

Any thoughts? Thanks for anyone's help.

Gene