Sign in to follow this  
Guest RGH

Fs9 - shimmering scenery

Guest RGH

I have a problem with 'shimmering' scenery, I would appreciate any 'fixit' tips, this problem is very annoying.RexSomerset, EnglandMesh Titan 2.6Ghz Athlon 642Gb RAMNvidia GeForce 6600GTx 2 SLI

Guest aca_dia

One possible thing to look at is Mip Map setting (display settings/harware tab). Depending on how high it is set you might try to lower that setting a notch or two. I get some shimmering if Mip Map is set above 5.

Guest Terry_ABQ

I have read where ATI video cards do this more since they cannot render something called the Alpha Channel in the video. I see where you have the other major guys cards so I would think the Alpha thing is not a real big thing unless your cards do not do that either. I still think 99% of all our video problems with MS FS2004 or any other version is the actual coding/engine which FS is written. Looking forward with my ATI 9800 Pro card I see all of this shimmering and "Yet" when I look to either side of the aircraft, I see perfectly "Clear" scenery. My question is why can't this clear scenery view be projected in the forward vie also?

Guest RGH

Hi aca dia.Thank you for the information,I reduced the setting from 06 to 04.thisreduced the shimmering by 50%.Thanks again.Rex.

Guest RGH

Hi TerryCannot comment on the Engine theory,I am still new to the Flight Simulator world'But it's a grait world to be in.All the Best.Rex.