Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

assigning SELECT_1 to joystick button

Guest dswo

For a little more than a year, I have assigned a pair of joystick buttons to select item 1 or item 2 from the ATC menu. Very good for acknowledging ATC requests, etc.Then, a couple days ago, I decided I didn't need my hat switch anymore, because TrackIR is working so well (which it is). So, I assigned those functions to the hat. I'd forgotten, though, that I also use the hat to pan around the spot view. So, back to the original setup.Only problem is, I can't make it work. Have tried using old fs9.cfg's, rebuilding fs9.cfg from scratch. Nothing, nothing, nothing works. Assigning different buttons, assigning buttons on a different joystick, nothing. Pressing 1 and 2 works, but not my buttons.Can anyone help? I've spent a couple of hours working on this and just can't get anywhere.NOTE: the way I'm trying to assign this button is in joystick button assignments, under "Select 1," "Select 2," etc. The assignment routine reads the buttons fine. It's just that they don't actually do what they're supposed to do when I'm in the cockpit. (Cockpit view or VC -- doesn't matter, same problem.)

Guest wathomas777

I was in the same boat as you. My joystick configuration program for my Afterburner TopGun would not allow me to assign joystick buttons for numerical input.I finally broke down and got the registered version of FSUIPC. FSUIPC lets you assign any keyboard command to a joystick button, and as a bonus allows me to assign reverse throttles to my throttle input so that I can use the idle detent as zero on the throttle, and then upon landing pull the throttles all the way back to engage reversers.Yes, it took awhile for me to justify the cost, and although the program itself is not as sexy as say a good scenery or aircraft, I can say that I use FSUIPC functionality on every flight I make, so in the end I use it more than any addon I have (with the exception of possibly Ultimate Traffic). This more than justifies the money I spent on it.It works behind the scenes but enhances every single flight I make. Well worth the expenditure