Sign in to follow this  
Rc35

Problems when Speeding up the flight

Hi there

Im having a couple of issues with this plane and im clueless in how to get it to work right.

First im trying to do a flight from OMDB-KLAX ,so when i go to Auto cruise   to speed up the flight to 4 X  so i dont have to wait 13 hours to land the plane doesnt not follow the flight plan that i programmed on the FMC at all.

Then gets better,when i go to disingange the LNAV and hit Heading selecting to get the plane to intercept the flight plan  even that doesnt works,the plane just keeps turning left and then down he goes. :wacko:

Im complelty lost with all of this,i fly anything from PMDG 747/737 ,CS 757,aIRBUS 320 and nothing like  this  happens.

I know this aircraft is has real has the real thing but this is just bizarre!

Do you guys know what is wrong with this or what am i doing wrong because like i mention above im lost with all of it.

When this happens i just set on my chair in fron the my simulator for like 10 minutes just thinking how can just trying to speed up the flight ends up with a plane all out of control.

Ricky

There is something about the airplane not following Lnav in the known bugs thread.

What happens if you just use accelerated flight from the FSX menu under options (so not via the 777 CDU)?

Also, dont use the cold and dark panels state!

It has various problems, maybe this is one of them.

Rob Robson

I haven't try accelerating the flight from FSX menu yet.

I'm gonna try that today and see what happens.

I'm not using cold dark panels.

Ok I've tried accelerating the flight with the fsx menu instead of using the fmc and I have the same problem.

This time when the plane was starting to go off course I turned LNAV of and press Heading selecting to get the plane on course again.

This time the heading selecting put the plane on the flight plan,when I go to press LNAV it doesn't want to engage.

There's always a message on FMC saying 'can't inter except heading'

Finally like 10 minutes later when the LNAV is ON the plane goes completely of course again!

Like what gives with this PmDG people? Are you kidding me??

I'm starting to get beyond ###### off with this!!

You mean " not on intercept heading"?

That is a real world FMC message.

It means you flew past your active waypoint with heading select and are now on a heading that will not intercept a course towards the active waypoint (because it is behind you).

The active waypoint is magenta on your ND and is on top in the FMC.

Say you are inbound to AAA and then to BBB in LNAV.

Before you get to AAA you get off course.

So you engage Heading Select.

You now fly past AAA and if you fly enough miles (I think 20nm) away from AAA as you pass it, then the FMC will not register this.

And thus the FMC will keep AAA on top, on the ND AAA will stay magenta, and BBB will stay white.

White means BBB is not sequenced to become the active waypoint you are going to.

In other words, the FMC thinks you are still inbound AAA.

So when after AAA you turn to a heading that intercept the track between AAA en BBB, then the FMC will give you the warning.

"Hey, on this heading I can not intercept a leg to the active waypoint!"

And it probably tries to turn around towards AAA behind you.

All you need to do is put BBB on top and execute for a direct to BBB.

or

Put BBB on top and enter the inbound course that you want Lnav to intercept towards BBB, on the bottom right in the FMC.

As for getting off route in the first place.

That happened to me as well in FSX accelerated flight.

At every waypoint, even if there is just a few degrees off, the airplane will overshoot its course and thats where the problem begins and gets worse and worse.

I think this is normal for FSX though. Not a PMDG fault.

And it is the reason, I guess, why the PMDG777 accelerated flight feature slows down just before it gets to a waypoint.

Rob Robson

Thanks Rob,now I got it working good,was problems with the waypoints like you mention.

I just notice that I was going on a heading of 350 and then the next waypoint the heading was 108.

I get the flight plans from vroute and honestly I never had problems like this before.

That's why I was scratching my head here thinking was something with the plane but in the end the problem is with the waypoints.

Oops sorry PMDG my bad!:/

Thanks again Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, no problem, you're welcome :-)

And good luck with accelerated flight.

Ps, we had a thread about accelerated flight before...and someone pointed out that he had made a little "app" that moves your flight foreward to where you want. I dont know what that does to your fuel situation or failure rate logging, but let me see if I can dig that up.

EDIT: its called "Quantum Leap" by Bob Scott.

Rob Robson