Sign in to follow this  
Guest p_r_johnson

FS9.1 going Crazy

Guest johnk

HiI am new to this forum thing, but a friend suggested trying for help.I have FS9 + the update (9.1) that I have just reinstalled and the whole thing has gone crazy.I have tried several times by uninstalling everything to do with the flightsim, and reinstalling the basic plus the update.When I start, and go to the default flight (at Seattle or Meigs) it looks like the aircraft is half underwater. It takes forever to start, it is in fullscreen not windowed, nothing works on the panel, I can't change anything using the menus, if I try to do anything everything goes blank for a long time although it doesn't seem to lock up. The whole thing is an absolute disaster.I have had an occasional problem before, but nothing that a complete un and reinstall did not fix. This time it comes back the same way every time.System is:- AMD XP 2.6 (running at 1.92), 1 meg Ram, XP pro with Service Pack. Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X. I checked the system with my virus Scanner (Norman) and it found 2 corrupt files.- 1 was flt1chk2.dll which I removed, the other was a System Volume something or other which is protected.Not sure what other info is necessary.Would anyone be able to offer any suggestionsThanksjohn

Guest johnk

I have been diddling around again and it seems to be the "Full Screen" that is the problem. I have got it working OK in Window form and clicking the Maximise button, but when I go to the Alt/Enter or Views - Full Screen, it enlarges, I get the scenery outside enlarged, but this huge panel at the bottom, like 3 times normal size.I have tried dragging the panel to very small, when in windowed view, to try to adjust the size when in full screen view, that did not work either as the thing appeared with the huge panel again when I went to full screenHelp!!John

Guest p_r_johnson

PJHi Johnk; just a suggestion; try removing XP SP2 before you waste a ton of time. It may not be the cause, but there have been so many issue surrounding this service pack and it's not too difficult to reinstall if that's not the problem.......