Sign in to follow this  
brodsky

Cyborg FLY5 Z rotation problem

When my stick rotation is centered it reads it as 1 off to the left. There is full motion but when flying a helicopter it is quite annoying. I have tried calibrating many times with no success. Can anybody help??? This is extremely annoying and my stick is older than the warranty.

Sounds like a problem with cheap pots - I had a similar problem with this stick approx 2 weeks after purchasing it. Was a loose wire from the rotation pot in the base of the stick.

I would either return it for replacement before it fails completely (or better yet refund...and buy something reliable like a logitech)...or just do what I did and open up the base and re-connect/solder the loose wire back into place.

In the meantime - just put in an adequate centre-deadzone in the tail rotor/rudder axis to remove this off-centre movement.

While the idea of the twin throttles and customisable grip etc are all great ideas, I have seen a lot of people have had problems such as this - personally I just went and got a TM Warthog HOTAS - never looked back!