Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Making one window slightly less transparant?

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings all!GMax, FSDS and such are completely beyond my comprehension (sad grin)! But... maybe my issue can be solved without these things. With FS Panel Studio I have put together a 2D panel with various windows (the perspex things the pilot looks through - not the pop-up kind). Now even I know that black is the "color" that makes windows fully transparent, that's no problem. The problem is: I want to make ONE little window SLIGHTLY LESS transparent, and I don't have the faintest idea if this can be done, and if yes, how...Can anybody point me in the right direction? Please?Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

With a 2-d panel, it can't be done. The effect is seen in some add-on aircraft, but it is always in the VC--hard coded as part of the FSDS or GMAX generated mdl file. A 2-d panel is just that--a 2-d bitmap which overlays the sim's view of the outside world. Sorry to say the MSFS designers only give the option for a completely transparent mask (RGB=0,0,0), or none at all.-John

Guest jaapverduijn

Thanks John! I did indeed fear this was the case, otherwise we would have seen it already done in various aircraft, I guess. Well, I'll simply give that particular little window the full transparancy then, with maybe the odd splash, streak and scratch in a color to be determined by a bit of trial and error.Thanks again, and be well!Jaap Verduijn.