Sign in to follow this  
Guest crazyh

Mi-17 helicopter

Guest crazyh

Has anyone purchased and flown the Nemeth Designs MIL MI-17 helicopter. I would like to get some ideas before buying it.

Guest pranavkumarz

I'm waiting to hear about that since I've been waiting for a good Mi-17 model. BTW, I picked up the Alpha Sim Seaking last night and though the model is good from the exterior, I don't see anything compelling from the inside - Not too detailed.-Pranav

Guest danowat

Its very nice, very detailed model, panel and VC, indepth start up procedure, fully clickable VC etc etc.If you are after an MI-17 its worth it.Dan.

Guest pranavkumarz

Thanks.....last question, I've never heard of these guys (Nemeth)....I wonder about customer support....Lago - which is more known is also coming out with a Mi-17 (though Ive never used Lago before....So shall I wait...or go for Nemeth...thoughts...?

Guest mike_cyul

If you'd like to check out the quality of the Nemeth brothers for free, you can download their MD500E from the Avsim library: md500e.zip . The quality is superb, better than a lot of payware stuff. VCs are excellent. Their MD500D and As350 Ecureuil are equally good. The Mi-17 is a thorough and very well put together package, and a joy to fly. There is a support forum at:http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=156There don't seem to have been too many problems with their software. Based on the Mi-17, I'll buy anything they produce - and no, I'm not associated with them at all.If you go ahead and purchase, you may want to try out the autopilot modification I uploaded to Avsim today: mi_17_ap.zip :)Mike F.

Guest crazyh

OK. My original intent was to find a really well made chopper that looked good, inside and out and sounded good as well. wheels are really nice as well, hate scrapping the skids. I've been flying the 500D and had not known they made the Mi-17 as well. Long story short, today I bought the Mi-17. Great download but I did have to direct it to my FS9. Other than that it installed well. I really had to read the manual for start-up. Had a short trial flight and was going good right up until touchdown. I dropped my tail to much. There is no 2d main panel but I found my FPS was quite good in the VC so that is how I will fly her. It is a nice BIG one.

Guest danowat

There is a 2D panel of sorts, but its a bit of a mish-mash of bits.That said, I think it was designed to be flown from the VC, and the VC is certainly good enough for that.Dan.

Guest crazyh

True, the one 2d panel provided is more like riding a motorcycle. The VC is very good and I fly using 0.75 size for a good overall view. The big thing is getting used to such a large heavy bird. I've been able to hover and fly level. Getting her down on the ground has been the challange. I do wish there was a soviet military camo paint job for it.