Sign in to follow this  
Guest jennifer

Unrealistic Coastal Scenery

Guest malcolmt

HiFlying at FL300 plus in FS9 I have noticed that my coastal scenery for the Dublin bay area and sections of the Dutch coastline are completely unrealistic i.e. sections of straight coastline with 90 degree corners to represent corners/ turns.Is this because the default secenery is poor (I suspect not, as my other coastal secenery looks fine), or could my scenery file(s) be "corrupt"?I have FSTerrain installed, so could this be the problem e.g. some conflict with the default scenery. Also, my scenery database reloads every time I load FS9 - I have learned from another thread that this is due to duplicate AREAs and LAYERs in the scenery.cfg - could this also cause my coastal jaggies?Thanks in anticipationMalcolm

Guest jennifer

I know that VFR terrain which covers England (Visualflight) interferes (in the way you describe)with the Dutch coastline and the Channel islands coastlines but haven't noticed any, or heard of, any effect on the Dublin bay area. There is a fix available for the Dutch and Channel islands on the Visualflight website. Good luck.