Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

add-ons or additions

Guest mudvayne

I've just recently joined the forums. I'm here to ask on how do I get aircraft textures to display while playing MFS2004. I've downloaded several textures, but when I start to play the game, none of the downloaded textures are selectable. Could anyone please tell me the steps I need to take to correctly fix the problem?

Guest Charlie Hall

Basic Rules: A single texture folder can be called: texture or it may have an extension, see below. Additional texture folders for the same plane must have an extension added, usually 2 or 3 characters but can be more eg. texture.ryan texture.ba texture.ba2 texture.klm and so on. each texture must have a new section added in the aircraft.cfg file with headings starting [flightsim.0] then [flightsim.1] then [flightsim.2] then [flightsim.3] and so on. Each additional section should have a different title = line and must have a different ui_variation = line. These lines can refer to the texture or airline or whatever you want. See the default aircraft.cfg files for examples. Each additional section must have a texture = line that matches up with the texture folder name. Note the first usually has no reference so that it matches up to a folder that has no extension (if one exists): texture = texture = ryan texture = ba texture = ba2 texture = klm and so on. I think I covered everything that should enable you to get all textures working properly as long as they are the right ones for the plane.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. You say you have downloaded some textures and you cannot see them but have you put them in the places they should be or just left them in the cold somewhere!? I think Charlie's response may be a bit advanced, but you are welcome to take a pop at me if I'm wrong!Tell us where you are in the sim and someone will be along to help. Andy.