Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Cargo Aircraft parking

I've added the following line to my aircraft.cfg:atc_parking_types=CARGOThe problem I'm having is when I land at an airport (PDX particularly), ATC fails to recognize that I am a cargo plane and when I ask to go to parking, it sends me to an out of the way place where cargo airplanes aren't even supposed to go. I've checked the BGL file with AFCAD and the parking spots for cargo planes are there. Am I missing something? Does it matter where the line above goes in the section? Is there any way for me to tell ATC that I want to go to the cargo ramp?Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Correct, ONLY works for AI controled aircraft, not user controled aircraft.It a lot of work, but you could name the parking areas. IE name the cargo spots "SW Parking", then when you get the option for parking you will be given the option of GATE, Parking,SW Parking,When you select SW Parking you will be sent to the cargo area, but agian if your cargo area is sent up by carriers, you take the chance of being in a UPS aircraft and parked in FedEx's spot, but at least your in the correct side of the airport. :-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...s/sign_name.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child