Sign in to follow this  
ChinaTraveller

Fmc Locked

First, the 777-300ER is amazing. Only one problem I had yesterday.

After changing data, I´ve got the EICAS message "FMC message" and the take off speeds are deleted. I confirmed the new speeds and everything seems to be ok.

But everytime I press the recall button, on EICAS the "FMC message" information was visible. On FMC there was no message visible. So I ignored this.

After TakeOff I want to enter a FIX, which could be done without a problem. Also I could enter bearing and distance. A second FIX could also be entered. But then I couldn´t enter bearing or distance for the second FIX. If I press any FMC-Button, nothing occurs. Only on right side of the FMC the "Msg" light alights. I changed the page, try to enter the ref-speeds for approach, but this was also not possible. The FMC was locked.

On legs-page I could also not enter something, down select didn´t work. With keyboard or mouse, no success.

Now I decide to use the right FMC. First I checked the failures, but no were activated.

On right FMC I could enter all FIX-data and also Approach-Speed, change waypoints. After doing this, the "FMC message" on EICAS was deleted. But left FMC shows "MSG" on the right and was locked as before.

It´s not a big deal, I could land in Manila using the right FMC for all operations. But maybe someone else have the same problem, I described all steps to reproduce it. Did I something wrong?

Best Regards,

Peter Hornfeck, Germany

No you did nothing wrong; I've encountered this problem as well. The "FMC Message" message on the EICAS will not go away, even after the message has been cleared in the FMC. The usual way I fix this, is to force a FMC message to reappear again, e.g. intentionally select the departure route again before takeoff, which causes "Takeoff speed deleted" to reappear. This time the message will be cleared without any problem.