Sign in to follow this  
oktorn777

What slows loading time the most?

Guest panda234

I have a large number of addon aircraft, scenery, mesh, etc. and am wondering which of these slow loading the most. Obviously, I don't need all of them, just curious about what I should be most aggressive with deleting or temporarily moving. The problem with scenery, as I understand it, is that if you delete it your scenery numbers are no longer consecutive, but maybe that is not a big deal. Thx!billg

Guest jetBlue_83

I'd say the Aircraft. FS has to load each aircraft's panel and sounds and so forth before they can be used(coorect me if I am wrong)so having alot of aircraft will slow down the load times.

Guest panda234

Ramon, does it load AI aircraft too, or does it know they're AI? I notice that there is no panel or sound folder in the AI aircraft folders.billg

Guest oyvindhansen

The scenery load before a flight is slowed down by scenery loading, especially textures and definitely photoscenery. The AI aircraft also takes some time to load. In fact the load-screen shows you what fs is doing - loading objects (they have small filesize, so loading is fast), textures (large file sizes, many files, long wait), combine objects and textures to a scene, and place AI and dynamics (takes some time in a place like EGLL if you have a lot of addon traffic). The user aircraft appears to be loaded before the scenery, as you can often hear certain panel sounds before the load screen appears. So if it takes a long time before scenery loading starts, then it is the aricraft.The select aircraft menu loading on the other hand is slowed down considerably if you have a lot of addon aircraft. I have tons of AI aircraft myself, and the wait is so long that I have almost stopped switching user aircraft.-