Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 - ATC hands me off way to often

Guest kilarney

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I just returned to FS2002 after a long hiatus.Has anynone noticed that on an IFR flight ATC hand you off WAY too often. It even hands me off to some absurd places. For example, on a flight from Martha's Vineyard to Boston, I got handed off to Hartford approach for about 1 minute. This would never happen in real life.It is annoying to try to fly the plane while getting handed off so often.Has anyone else noticed this?Does anyone know of any fixes?Thanks!

Guest KFD

Speaking as a realworld air traffic controller this hacks me off too - so much so that I don't use the ATC in FS9.Kev

It happens only when flying right along the edge of two coverage areas.Automating the handoffs such that you don't get handed off constantly is an almost impossible task, you have to draw the border somewhere after all and someone will always end up hopping back and forth across it.It's just a quirck of an automated system we all have to live with I'm afraid.I've some ideas that might help and who knows Microsoft may have them too but even then there's still a chance (albeit a decreased one) that someone might stumble into the situation you encounter and it would cost more CPU and memory resources, thus causing complaints that ATC is poor for performance.