Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyman78

wing view with different plane same panel

Hello fellow flightsimmers, I come to you today with this question...I am using the same panel for all of my 757's and 767's, i have the panel configured for my 767-200 for wing views. I was wondering if i could modify it and save it for each aircraft without having to waste hd space by copying the whole panel folder to each plane. Basically i want a panel.cfg for each plane but aliasing of one folder. I hope that i havent confused you too much. If you have any questions as to what i want to do please let me know. I thank you for your time and for your assistance in advance.Rod

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rod,I got into this habit back in FS98 and still use it in FS2002. I assume it will still work in FS2004. I put all my panels in a file called 'FSFSConv' and place it in the 'aircraft' folder with all the active aircraft.Give each panel type a folder within 'FSFSConv' and name them whatever you like. In each panel file you will have the panel.cfg and any associated bitmaps. Gauges should all go in the main 'gauge' folder.In the aircraft itself, you will still have a folder called 'panel' and the panel.cfg inside should read something like this:(fltsim) **USE SQUARE BRACKETS**alias=FSFSConvpanel.Jet.Heavy.4DC8 (Substitute your own panel name)Hope this is helpful,Cheers,Bob