Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

FS 2004 Flying the Baron

Guest lesm

Can anyone give a few tips on flying the Baron? Seems like it is so sensitive that I can never get it trimmed nor can I even say that is possible for me to do anything to resemble normal flight. The real plane can't be that hard to fly! I've turned down all the control sensitivety settings but it doesn't make any change. I can take off and get to an altitude but can not get it trimmed to be stable. It seems more stable with gear and flaps down and power set for approach than for cruise.Thanks for any tips.Lesm

Guest cseidel

Try a program by the name of FSDtwinS by Steve Small. It is a rework of the flight dynamics for the Beech Barron and the Beech KingAir. The file states it is for FS2002 but it works fine for FS9 makes a world of difference.Chuck

No problems here...You might wanna try adjusting yoursensitivity settings in fs9.cfg...[CONTROLS]KBDAIL=20KBDELEV=21KBDRUD=22PAN_RATE=800PAN_IN_COCKPIT_MODE=1stick_sensitivity_mode=1 <<<<<<<<<< add this line. Changing the number,changes the sensistivity. Try a "1". I bet it helps cure some of the twitchyness...The flight model itself, seems ok to me...I've noticed nothing out of the ordinary... MK

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. Perhaps you have a huge load in it! Check the Fuel and Payload Box to see whether you are carrying something. Also the trim wheel dot should be roughly centered before taking off. I downloaded a Turbo Baron from here I think which is another great plane and well worth getting.Andy.