Sign in to follow this  
Speed Of Flight

PMDG crashes FSX

Newer member, first new post!

Thread should read "PMDG MD-11 crashes FSX". I hope Im not misunderstood...

I finally purchased the MD-11, and after all these years, it's still majestic! I have always loved this heavy, although she's practically a relic now.

I installed it, and after that, I started having FSX crash. I get "A fatal error has occurred", and "FSX is restarting."

I have freshly formatted, reinstalled FSX, and am currently still working out the bugs before I start loading up all my eye candy.

I have only two addon aircraft: a C-130, and the mighty PMDG 777. Everything was going fine until I installed the MD-11. After that, I get enough time to load a flight, get to where I'll start to push the throttles forward, and then the blue circle of death appears, and I get a fatal error...

So, this is the latest version, but still an older model. 1.20.0055. Best I know, anyway. Just bought it a month ago, or so.

Does anyone else have an issue like this? What happened? Things were going so good! Why can't I fly my favorite heavy? :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So I've learned that FSX now crashes trying to use any aircraft. This has to be a bad dll or module, or something that the MD-11 installs into FSX. 30 seconds to a minute, but no matter what plane I choose, the dreaded fatal error. I will now open a support ticket.