Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

dark texture square at sunset

I had that happen once or twice, but not really sure why, unlessmaybe I was scarfing for memory or something...If I remember right, I shut it down and reloaded...And it still did it...I *think* I flushed my scenery files and reloaded to fix...Been a while, so hard to remember...What I would do is flush your files...But backup your traffic file if it's modified from stock...The easiest way to delete all the scenery files is to edit this line in scenery.cfg.Clean_on_Exit=falseChange the false, to true. Load FS, and then shut down...All your files will be history...Re edit the cfg, and change back to false... Then restart FS, and let it reload...That will probably fix it.. BTW....I just thought of a possible fix, that might be even easier...Go into the scenery settings menu, and change the texture settings to something different...Then set them back to where they were...It might reload the textures, and let you avoid reinstalling...MK

If you switch views often, you may see this as at dusk. There is a key command you can assign which will reload the textures and fix the issue on the fly after a view switch (I've assigned Ctrl/Shift/S--"S" for scenery). Or, you can turn off dawn/dusk texture smoothing which is the cause of this issue, but may seem less "realistic" As for flushing scenery, that only applies if your scenery is cached, which wouldn't be the case on a full install. Caching is for those who do a partial install and let the scenery feed from the CD-ROM--a cache is created on the hard drive of 'oft loaded scenery so it is at the ready from the faster hard drive vs. the slower CD-ROM. The "Clean_On_Exit" flag only works for that caching, and does nothing to improve performance on full installs.-John