Sign in to follow this  
fox956

Trouble installing MSE2.0 into P3Dv2.4

Hi,

I have all the US MSE 2.0 states, most of the Ultra Res Cities and all of their European countries, and now I am trying to get them installed into P3Dv2.4. The problem I am having is that once I get the first MSE 2.0 installed into the Scenery Library the next MSE 2.0 won't install because it says I have another scenery title that exist with the same name.

Here is my situation: I am using 5 WD My Passport external HD, each HD holds different MSE 2.0 titles. HDs 1-3 holds all the US states broken up into certain areas, HD 4 holds all my Ultra Res Cities, and HD 5 holds all my European countries. My P3D computer has several HDs, the operating system is on drive C:\ and P3D is on drive D:\.

I never had a problem installing all the above MSE into P3D v2.2, but this new version of P3D is possing a bit more of a problem. When I installed P3Dv2.4 I did a complete fresh install and never used the patch.

Here is the problem I ran into the other night: I connected 3 of the MSE 2.0 external drives, labled F, G and H respectively. Once in P3Dv2.4 I went into the Scenery Library and selected "Add". I pointed the path to F:\  drive to install MSE Connecticut. The addition worked and showed this path in the scenery library as: F:\ MSE\Connecticut\Scenery. I then proceeded to add Delaware, and it's path showed as F:\MSE\Delware\Scenery. As soon as I went to "OK" this addition I got the error message as "Another scenery title exist with the same name". The only thing I can figure out is that each addition has "Scenery" as the last name in the path and this is causing the problem.  This is were I am stumped as I don't know what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

PS.  I have emailed PC Aviator but as of yet have not received a response.

This can be marked as resolved as I have figured out the problem.