Sign in to follow this  
TopoX

Weird mode selector behaviour

Hello,

first of all I'd like to thank you for all your hard work, without LINDA a lot of people (including myself) wouldn't be able to fly using Saitek or VRI products. Said that, I'd like to report a weird behaviour with the mode selector of the RHINO X-55 which took me 2 hours to find a solution. So...here is what I found on LINDA version 2.6.3:

After configuring the mode selector and trying it on FSX i noticed that mode 1 was always selected, only after restarting LINDA I could return to mode 0.

At first I thought it was my fault so I rearranged the mode selection buttons in all possible ways but I had no luck. Intrigued by this behaviour I decided to open the LUA console to see what was happening behind the scenes and I found that the mode was in fact being changed but it was being changed MULTIPLE times! To put it straight, every time I changed the mode, mode 1 was being triggered twice. After looking through LUA files (for nothing) I decided to open the LUA tracer, and thanks god I did that because I found the fix for it and that's FSX Sync...

TL;DR: If your mode selector triggers twice, turn on FSX Sync.

I don't know if this is intended or not but it's headache for sure.

Hope this helps people who have the same problem and I'll be waiting for the devs answer regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

TopoX.