Sign in to follow this  
GeekyDivision

[P3D]How to fix the AI_player error!

Hey Guys,

:excl:*I do not accept any responsibility to any damage caused to software or hardware! BEWARE! This should not cause issues but you should always backup your gear before modifying. You have been warned* :excl:

This was something that a close sim buddy had problems with so I decided to tell everyone about.

This error is a CTD(Crash to Desktop) :help: and will provide an error regarding ai_player.dll

1.Firstly you need to see if you have any addon sceneries or ai programs/addons running. These may be corrupted or not compatible. If you do then remove them for now and if you dont go to step 2.

2. Now try again. If the error goes then install scenery/ai products one by one testing them as one airport being corrupted could be the entire error. *I know this is very time consuming but you will thank me later* If the error doesn't dissapear then go to step 3.

3. If the error is still showing then this indicates a P3D error. Go to your traffic options and turn all AI traffic to 0/off. If the error still shows then something else is wrong. If it does go away then it proves that your dll is corrupt.

4. Delete P3D and create a folder outside of program files as these have large write permission problems.

5. Install P3D into this folder and run as admin.

6. This should fix the problem. Now install your scenery 1 by 1 to ensure that they are not corrupted.

7. You owe me one! : :P:Cuppa:

If you need further help or thhis tutorial in video format then please PM me.

Happy Flying,

Elliot Padfield