Sign in to follow this  
bmb22

S550 Citation II Issues...

In the past I purchased add-on's from PMDG and A2A.   Love 'em.    Really wanting a business jet compatible with FSX:SE I  recently bought the S550 Citation II from Carenado...  Think I made a mistake...   

Some observations...

- It doesn't seem much better then a default aircraft.  It felt like I was on rails.  Is this jet really that smooth and tame in the air?

- It's a frame rate killer on the ground.  I hope with some tweaking I can make it more usable.  Have other people noticed this?

- The cockpit textures look pretty good but why is the dash text so hard to make out on switches?  It seems I have to zoom in on everything to read it.

- On other add-on planes you can click a display/mfd and it brings up a zoomed in 2d panel.  I guess Carendo doesn't support this feature?

- How do you set the plane to start cold and dark?  It starts up in all kinds of strange states, sometimes rolling forward into other parked planes.  This seems like a basic feature.

- Does the actual S550 plane require so much throttle on the ground to get rolling?  I found taxiing to be quite difficult with this jet.

- Did they really just include some scanned checklists in a PDF for the manual?!

- To get a decent FMC it's an add-on and more money?!

So far, I'm pretty disappointed with my purchase and the price.   I know add-on's aren't cheap and it's a small market, but $45 for this plane is pretty steep compared to other planes I have purchased.   Anyway, I guess this was just venting but if anyone has any tips/suggestions on improving this add-on I'd appreciate it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this