Sign in to follow this  
bert.laverman

Saitek Switch Panel initial state

I was making a short flight with the PMDG 737 NGX a few days back, when I noticed something odd: after takeoff I would lose all lights on the MCP in the virtual cockpit, as well as some parts of the overhead panel. Also, the overhead showed several warning lights that had been off while still on the ground.

I later traced this to the moment I raised the landing gear using the Saitek Switch Panel. All switches were in the off position, which I hadn't noticed since I don't normally use them for the NGX. Because my definitions for the NGX mode did not override the "Default FSX Aircraft" settings to "Do Nothing", my first usage of a switch (the gear lever) caused LINDA to send events for all switches to effectuate their FSX counterparts to the same state. The NGX obediently shut down power to some parts of the cockpit.

Is there a way to change LINDA's behaviour to do this at simulator start rather than the first moment a switch is used? That way I am prompted to correct the switch positions while not yet in the middle of some procedure...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!