Sign in to follow this  
TorranceR1

EZCA not opening with FSX

Hi everyone. Recently I have begun to experience a problem with Ezdok for FSX. It has started to happen where it no longer open when I open up FSX, as it used to before. I tried running the configurator, installing simconnect again and tried re-entering the ezca section into the FSX exe.xml file but still the problem occurs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Robbie

Hi Robbie,

If you switch the SimConnect debug option on, do you see errors (i.e. exception codes)?

Cheers,

Z

Thanks for your reply. Could you please guide me on how to switch this debug option on as I am unfamiliar with it.

Thanks, Robbie

Hi Robbie.

If you installed the SDK, you should have a folder like [Your Drive and Path]\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\ in which you should fie called SimConnect.htm which is a pretty handy help file.

This file makes reference to the all important SimConnect.ini which controls the debug output from SimConnect itself. This file should be located in you MyDocuments\Flight Simulator X Files folder. If one is not found there, it can be copied from the [blah]\SimConnect SDK\config folder.

When you have the .ini file in the right place, you may wish to edit it - e.g. with notepad so that the "console" line reads "console=1" (without the quote marks). This tells SimConnect to open the debug window (entitled "SimConnect Diagnostic Output") on start. The window displays what SimConnect is up to. At minimum, you should see it tell you its version and the local protocol configuration for 3 types of connection (Named Pipes, IPv6 and IPv4).

When a client (like your add in) communicates via SimConnect, the output window displays each request/command and the result. A result that includes the text "Exception" generally suggests something untoward is happening - but you'd need to report the conversation up to that point for anyone here to give much insight into what may be happening.

Incidentally, if you DIDN'T install the SDK, I would guess that your question is probably not about SimConnect but more about an application that happens to use it. If the application is misbehaving, it's more likely to be an issue with that application than with SimConnect itself. May sound like I'm splitting hairs but I suspect that if this is the case, a public spirited  SimConnect expert (aren't they all? :)) won't be able to help much because there'll be no access to the code that is causing the problem.

Hope that helps,

Z