Sign in to follow this  
NerfedBurrito

PMDG 777 Repaint Issue

Hello,

I have a strange issue while attempting to create a custom Livery for the PMDG 777. Currently when I use gray to paint the aircraft, that portion becomes transparent. See the image here: http://prnt.sc/8rgjn1

The issue is also present when using the provided PMDG Paint Kit, the bottom portion of the doors where the 'Door Plates' are visible become transparent in FSX, as you are able to see the aircraft interior.

Other places the issue is present are the 'General Weathering' on the bottom of the aircraft, as well as ports and panels on the bottom side of the aircraft.

I am using other Aircraft Liveries that have gray as a color, but none of them are transparent. The default files are saved as .dds through a new install of Photoshop CC, using the nVidia plugin.

Any information/assistance would be appreciated!

Michael duBois

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alright all, the issue has actually been resolved! I took a look at the .dds that were created, and they happened to be in grayscale. I ended up saving the files differently, and that resolved the issue.

Specifics:

Issue .dds: DXT5_NM XY 8 bpp | using DXT5

Good .dds: DXT5  ARGB 8 bbp | interpolated alpha

Admin, we can leave thsi here for other people that might have the issue with Photoshop CC. or we can even delete the thread all together.