Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Thought it would be cool....

Guest 757Boy

Does anyone know of a way that you can make your aircrafts shadow visible from the virtual cockpit. Has anybody tried yet, or wondered if its possible? I thought it could add a little more realism. It looks like my Dash 8 wheels are floating in the air.......anyone?

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

That...and shadows from clouds, and shadows showing on the aircraft itself, and shadows from the windshield wipers on the VC dash, and bug splatters and bird strikes and people screaming if you snap out of a turn to fast and authentic external noises when you open the cockpit window and real AI sounds and "caution wake turbulence" and maybe some occasional chatter like late nights at O'Hare (UPS1305 position and hold, kinda early tonight aren't ya?" "Position and hold, roger, uhh, yeah we got it loaded pretty quick this evening, thought we'd head on out." "UPS1305, roger, cleared to takeoff.")And I could think of a whole lot more. Maybe FS10 will have some of that, who knows? As to making the shadows of your own aircraft visible from the cockpit in FS9, well, that's a pretty big deal, so I'm sure if it were possible with the current engine it would have already been done. But maybe I'm wrong? Again, who knows, just my opinion.-JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!