Sign in to follow this  

proper crossfeed technique?

Hey everyone i got another question for you out there. I was taking a long relaxing flight, since its rainning here alot in NY, so I decided to take a vacation to wear its sunny and warm so Costa Rica here I come.I planned my flight out of NY direct to Pavas, Costa Rica so I had to choose a plane that could handle the distance and since I am not comfortable with the commerical jets and I didnt want to do a long 6+ hour trip with the twin props I purchased the Cessena X Ciatation from Eaglesoft. It seemed to be a jet I could handle and she can move fast so it would be a 3 hour trip for me. About half way through the flight I get the popup saying that the center tank is low but I thought no problem the wing tanks will kick in but they didnt and the engines died and thus I crashed trying to get the wing tanks to feed the engines. I read the manual but its a little confusing about the settings for the crossfeeding, which I thought was set to feed off the center then move to the wings for a stable plane. I am wondering how do I set the crossfeed to automatically kick in when the center tank is almost empty? thanks for the helpPaul