Sign in to follow this  
Kelerons

Fix for FSXSE VoxAtc and ASX panels

This is a workaround for anyone who cant get panels to appear.

After some trial and error i have found a solution for panels not appearing after installation in fsxse mainly asx and voxatc, the issue is asx and vox look for the main Sim Objects folder in your install directory,

the issue is Dlc aircraft from steam create a DLC folder within fsxse's install directory,
within this dlc folder is another folder "379233" within you will find another SimObjects folder containing cfg's for all aircraft including panels, 

to get your addon panels to work open 

[wherever you installed your steamgames]\steamapps\common\FSX and Cut SimObjects and move it to desktop or another folder for safe keeping,

now go back into the \DLC\379233 folder and cut the SimObjects folder into your \fsx folder

now install your Asx and or VoxAtc panels as normal,

after you have done this cut SimObjects from \fsx and put it back into the \DLC\379233 folder and cut the original one from desktop or whatever safe place you put it and put it back into \FSX

After all this is done load up free flight and your panels should now properly be working.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Exactly, I figured out a similar workaround as well that I just xposted over in another thread. Same solution, just a different way of getting to it.

What I did was open an Admin Command prompt in Windows and use the mklink command to create a directory link to the DLC folder. This creates a link in the main SimObjects/Airplanes folder that allows the indexer to see the Steam DLC planes as if they were in that folder.

So create the Link, run the indexer, run the panel installer, delete the link.

The only caveat and I'm not sure its even related is I'm now getting a FSinsider.dll error now on launch. But think that is a separate issue that popped up at a similar time. 

Here is the specific command:

mklink /D [link path] [target path]

so for example:

mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\E175\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\364324\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E175"

Be sure after you run the panel installer, you delete those shortcuts in the normal simobjects folder as FSX will complain about having two of the same aircraft installed with the same name since it is looking in both places. 

Guys my problem was solved when i installed VOX directly inside Steam\S.apps\ Common\VOX, folder next to FSX . Steam is installed on C:\.

panels appeared and test flight it all works.