Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adverse Yawn

Elite Throttle Quadrants

Guest rvroman

In searching the forums I found nothing on this topic since 2003/early 2004, so I assume no one is following those threads anymore.I am looking at the Elite MEL Quad and the Elite KA Quad. I am all but sold on the KA, and having viewed thier forums and speaking with their administration it looks like all is good using this with FS2004, thier driver, and a registered version of FSUIPC.Does anyone have any experience with Elite Quads they would like to share, or things I should know before I drop $300 on it?Thanks for all information,Robert

Guest Adverse Yawn

I have an Elite KA quad. Personally, I don't think it is very good in FS. It works great in Elite, but in FS there seems to be some strange lag in the settings and often it is a fiddley exercise to get the thrust set spot-on equally across both engines.Also, and this is the bigest problem, either FSUIPC or the Elite software (not sure which) overrides anything that the autothrottle tries to do except on the PSS Airbus which requires keypresses to move the levers. This is also the case with the prop levers on the F1 ATR, so in effect the software tries to set the props to one setting and the Elite driver puts it back again, even when the F1 ATR doesn't actually have a prop lever!!!That said the built in reverse, feather and ground idle detents are great, so long as your a/c doesn't have autothrottle and does require manual prop manipulation.Hopefully, some bright spark will reply with a fix :) Sadly I doubt it :(

Guest rvroman

Thanks for the reply. I feel like Elite's stuff looks sturdier than the CH quad, but maybe I would get better performance with the CH for less money since it is not made specifically for another product. Decisions decisions! :) Thanks again.

Guest Adverse Yawn

It is certainly well built.