Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Performance question

Guest Boeing767-300ER

I recently got a new computer. P4 2.8HT, 512 ram, Gforce6600 256mb(nothing special, but being 17 with no job, all i could really get) i was doing som circuits today around KORD with the LD767. I have PAI installed, and all scenery is default. i had traffic set at 80%. pretty much all sliders set to medium, frames locked at 25. the sky was covered with clouds. taxing to the active i got low teens in FPS. in air i got mid teens. and then on APP they plummeted to around 5-7 fps. then on short final i took all AI off and got frames to low teens. then i cleared the skies and frames rocketed to 17-25 FPS. and i was just curious, is this normal? i have 3-D clouds set at 80%, clouds coverage set somewher in the upper end of the scale.Adam

Yep! Clouds can kill any system! You may want to try smaller cloud textures; there are quite a few freeware alternatives that significantly reduce the impact of clouds on framerates without reducing quality too much. Flight Environment is also said to improve fps slightly, although the main effect is improved realism.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals